Couples Counselling for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexual, Transgender and Straight People
Yes, You Can Rediscover the Happiness and Pleasure You Once Shared With Your Partner…
If you and your partner can’t seem to communicate, can’t stop fighting and don’t know what to do, a couples counsellor or therapist may be able to help.
Perhaps you relate to some of the following:
- you and your partner have the same fight over and over again that never gets resolved
- there is a cold distance that exists between you and your partner
- you feel that no matter what you do to try and fix things it’s never enough for your partner
- you feel like your partner doesn’t listen to you
- the spark has gone out of your relationship: the affection has diminished and your sex life is troubled or non existent
- you and your partner are getting to the point of barely being able to tolerate each other, you worry that a separation may be on the horizon
- you feel depressed and anxious because you’re caught in the endless loop of conflict, misunderstanding and mistrust
- you’re afraid that you partner may or is having an affair or you may be thinking of having one yourself
When you’re struggling with the stress of relationship problems it colors every aspect of your life. It can lead anxiety, depression, exhaustion and even contribute to health problems.
When you’re having serious relationship difficulties you can begin to wonder what happened to the person you once were.
When communication breaks down mistrust, anger, contempt and disrespect begin to infect your relationship. The person you once felt was the most loving and supportive individual in your life may seem critical and uncaring. It may seem like nothing you do or say is right and even though you try to make things work nothing seems to help. You may notice that your partner relates to other people in your lives with respect and you may begin to doubt yourself or think there is something wrong with you. You may even start to feel insecure and jealous and suspect that your partner is having—or might have an affair.
Although you may feel that your relationship difficulties are impossible to overcome there is always hope. Couples counselling can help.
Working with a caring couples counsellor who understands relationship dynamics can help you and your partner rediscover the happiness and pleasure you once shared.
As we work together in couples counselling you will:
- discover how to resolve your conflicts in a healthy way
- develop skills to help you communicate in a productive and respectful way
- begin to treat each other with kindness, understanding and respect
- feel better about yourself as you learn how to deal with your relationship difficulties
- overcome the anxiety, depression and lack of motivation as your relationship improves
- rediscover the person you once were
- revive the spark in your relationship and improve your sex life
- feel the love care and support you once felt from your partner
When you’re struggling with relationship issues the best thing you can do for you and your partner is to reach out for help through couples counselling.
If you’re a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender person, your relationship issues can be unique.
Working with a couples counsellor who is also part of the LGBTQ+ community can help you communicate in a way that leads to new insights and a fresh perspective, instead of being stuck in the endless loop of conflict, misunderstanding and mistrust.
I’ve had over 20 years experience as a counsellor and therapist and been out as a lesbian for over 30 years. Because of my years of experience in helping couples overcome their relationship challenges, I deeply understand relationship dynamics and the effects of miscommunication, conflict and mistrust. I’ve helped my clients overcome these difficulties by teaching them to communicate in a healthy manner and enjoy the benefits of a close and intimate relationship as a result.
My couples counselling and therapy training has included a variety of therapeutic approaches that can help you quickly overcome your communication difficulties and rediscover the love and affection you once shared.
The thought of talking to a couples counsellor or therapist about your relationship may seem frightening or overwhelming, but it can lead to a more healthy, loving and respectful relationship.
As a couples counsellor and therapist I can help you. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with a Masters degree in counselling psychology. For over 20 years, I have provided counselling and therapy to hundreds of people in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
I feel a deep sense of satisfaction when the couples I work with learn to communicate in a way that helps them overcome anger and conflict and move toward a healthy, fun, romantic and supportive relationship.